We collect the email addresses of those who communicate with us via email, information about the pages consumers access on the Daycast website, and information voluntarily submitted by the consumer (for example, requests for support, surveys, or service registration forms).
The types of information that may be requested include your name, company name, address, telephone number, and credit card information. The information we collect is used to improve the quality of the Service, to communicate information about the Service, to bill your account for services provided, for research, and to contact you about your account when necessary.
Your information will not be sold to or shared with other companies or organizations for commercial purposes.
Daycast is operated from the United States. If you are visiting the Website or Service from outside the U.S., you agree to any processing of any personal information you provide us according to this policy.
Google Analytics and Interest-Based Online Advertising
We use a tool called “Google Analytics” to collect data about use of the Daycast website and the Daycast product. Google Analytics collects data such as:
- How often users visit the site
- The amount of traffic each of our website pages receives
- How often users run the app
- Features within the app they use (e.g. Forecast Your Day or time reports)
- The types of devices visitors use to access the site (e.g. desktop, mobile, or tablet)
- Operating systems used when running the Daycast app (macOS and/or Windows)
The data collected does not personally or directly identify site visitors or app users. We use the data Google Analytics collects in order to better engage with visitors and users and to improve our Service. Learn more about Google Analytics and privacy.
If you don’t want your data collected by Google Analytics, you may opt out:
- To opt out of data collection regarding your visits to the Daycast site, install the Google Analytics browser add-on.
- To opt out of data collection regarding your use of the Daycast product, open the options menu within Daycast (click the three stacked dots in the top, right-hand corner), select Settings, and uncheck Enable Analytics Tracking.
Security and Storage
The Daycast website and Service has industry standard security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control.
There is no such thing as perfect security. However, we will take reasonable steps to ensure the safety of your information. Additionally, you retain all rights of ownership to the data you have stored on the Service.
We will not sell or share this data with any third parties or use this data to compete with you or advertise to your clients.
Your privacy and the privacy of your clients are of utmost importance to us.
How We Use Your Information
The information you provide to the Service is used in the following ways:
- To create your account
- To bill you for services
- To provide customer support
- To transfer your information in the case of a sale, merger, consolidation, or acquisition
- To better understand your needs
- To personalize your experience
- To improve our Service and our products
- To send you updates and alerts
- To contact you about your account and status of the Service
- When legally required, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims
In order to provide the Service, we also share data with services that help us run the Service, track aspects of system performance including errors and bugs, identify performance issues, and store backups of log files.
How and When We Share Your Information
- We may share information with service providers who provide necessary services to Daycast, such as sending out newsletters or processing payments
- When we have your permission to share your information
- When we have given you prior notice that the information will be shared
- When we are required by law or legal process to disclose that information, such as when presented with a valid court order or a valid subpoena
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a valid government request
- To enforce our terms and conditions or to protect our operations or users
- If a transfer of your information is required under the terms of a reorganization, merger, or sale of the company
- After information has been aggregated so that it does not identify you
Corrections and Updates
You may update your account data any time using the application tools provided, or by requesting changes directly via email to admin at daycast dot com.
Amendments to this statement will be posted to this URL and will be effective when posted.
Your continued use of this site following the posting of any amendment, modification, or change shall constitute your acceptance of the amendment.
Version 1.3: January 8, 2018 - Copy editing and added "Google Analytics and Interest-Based Online Advertising" information
Version 1.2: August 23, 2017 - Minor formatting and copy editing
Version 1.1: January 10, 2017 - Minor re-ordering of paragraphs and formatting
Version 1.0: March 2016 - Initial Release